Wednesday, December 21, 2011

PEPPERMINT BARK DISK

 

IMG_1324IMG_1328

IMG_1329   IMG_1333

IMG_1338

This is so easy and fun to make!  Quick too!

Ingredients:

  • Bag of Wilton White Candy Melts
  • Bag of Wilton Dark Candy Melts
  • Large Candy Cane crushed (sold at Walgreens 2/ $1.00)
  • One Candy Mold (I am recycling the insert from my frozen quiche appetizers)
  • toothpick

After washing the disposable Quiche tray that I saved from going into the garbage I placed two Candy Melts in each circle.  My favorite is using 2 white but the kids love them mixed. 

Microwave for 1 minute.  Swirl with toothpick and sprinkle the Crushed Candy Cane onto the top.  (If it hardens to fast you can rezap it in the microwave for 5 seconds. 

Place tray in freezer for no more than 3-4 minutes.

Remove from freezer, tap or turn upside down and voila…there you have your wonderful Peppermint Bark Disks! 

I told you it was to easy!  Experiment and play with other flavors too! 

Last year we melted 25 candy melts of either color in a large Wilton decorators icing bag and added ONE DROP of Cinnamon Oil.  Microwave for 1 minute and continue at 15 second intervals until melted.  (Each oven is different and you don’t want them to burn! 

Oh My Goodness…the scent that filled the air was overwhelming!!!  Then we simply pipe the candy into our molds and the flavor was delicious! 

Go ahead…borrow my idea!  Really!  

No comments:

Google malware manager