Thursday, April 21, 2011

Paint My Photo!!

Wow...I'm thrilled that artist Linda Franklin chose my photograph of "Evening Tulips" to paint!!  This is by far one of my most favorite macro pictures of tulips I've even captured!  For those of you familiar with the Nashville, TN area then you have heard of the "Gold Building" I'm sure.  I was driving back to help with flood relief in the Opryland area where I grew up when I saw the sun setting in the buildings reflection.  Well~you know me,,,U~Turn queen, I turned around quickly to try to capture the American Flag waving in the mirrored gold glass, but happened upon these tulips and just couldn't believe how gorgeous in color they were.  This was taken around 5:30pm,  sun was almost gone and I used an 1/1800 appature speed with a flash.  I loved it!!  No photoshopping or editing...it's all natural!  SO....here is my picture and then her rendition of it to be used on greeting cards!!  Quite lovely!!



Linda you did a fantastic job!  I cant imagine trying to change the tulip color, but hon you nailed it!  Thank you!  Looking forward to more collaborations!  
For information oh how to view or purchase Lindas art you can find it at 

www.linda-franklin.artistwebsites.com 

you may find more of my photography at 

No comments:

Google malware manager